Skip to content
We visited Oban as a connection point in our journey. But we were astounded by this town. Imagine port as it is described in the old books – this is Oban.
What to do:
- Buy sea food in the market near port. It is very cheap in closest stall to ferry terminal. Huge plate will cost around £15;
- Participate in Oban Distillery tour. You’ll see how they prepare whiskey, will understand the difference between sorts and will taste their local product;
- Visit McCaig’s Tower on the top of the hill. Surroundings view is outstanding;
- There are many ferry tours from Oban. Choose them on this site;
How to get there:
- Flight from London to Glasgow (one way ticket from £27, 1h15min journey);
- Then catch train from Glasgow Queen Street station (one way ticket from £10, 3h journey) or bus from the airport (one way ticket – £18, 2h40min journey).
- Book tickets to distillery in advance;
- Take a hat on the ferry: it is windy even on summer.